What are Essential Oils?
An essential oil is the extremely concentrated form of the oil of the plant from which is was extracted. Although the recent explosion of popularity surrounding them may make it seem like this is some new fad, essential oils have been used medicinally for thousands of years – according to this Wikipedia article, the earliest recorded instructions for distilling essential oils dates to the 13th century! Even the Bible contains many references to essential oils – for example, baby Jesus received a gift of Frankincense.
Why use Essential Oils?
Essential Oils are the perfect powerful, organic, homeopathic replacement for many conventional drugs. In under a month, using only the oils found in Young Living’s Premium Starter Kit, my family discovered treatments for the following ailments:
- menstrual cramps
- sore muscles
- stomach ache
- swimmer’s ear
For anyone interested in putting fewer chemicals into their body, Essential Oils offer the perfect solution! They are gentle, all-natural alternatives to common household drugs such as Tylenol, Benadryl, and many more. In addition, they are often used under medical supervision as powerful treatments for more serious illness or injury. When my baby sister spilled soup on herself, resulting in deep second degree burns, lavender oil provided her with quick healing and relief. Anyone willing to test them out will quickly find a myriad of uses for Essential Oils.
Why Young Living?
My family uses Young Living Essential Oils for many reasons:
- You are guaranteed to get what you pay for. Even though FDA regulations dictate that products labeled as “Essential Oils” only need to contain 5% of the actual oil, Young Living guarantees their oils to be 100% pure.
- Young Living oils are free of synthetic chemicals, making them safer for you, your family, and your friends.
- Young Living completes the entire production process, from seed to seal, on their own farms. This is not only environmentally responsible, but also means that strict quality control is ensured throughout every step of production.
- While many oils may be labeled “organic” and still contain chemicals, Young Living holds their oils to a standard that is “beyond organic” – demanding only the purest, highest quality oils.
- Finally, take a look at this graphic showing how Young Living stacks up against other companies:
For these reasons, I and many others feel safest in the hands of the Young Living company!
Why the Premium Starter Kit?
When just starting out, I strongly encourage starting with the Premium Starter Kit. This $300 value comes with 11 different oils and blends which are perfect for treating many common household ailments! Starting with this wide variety of oils gives you a unique opportunity to test out the many different properties of each and find out what works best for you and your family, which may be difficult when starting out with only a couple of individual oils.
In addition, the kit come with a home diffuser, several sample packs to share with your friends and family, and more!
Personally, my very favorite part of this kit is the diffuser, which I plan on using heavily when I go back to school in the fall! I’ve heard great things about how diffusing oils can help with avoiding all of the bugs that go around in a dorm, which is definitely something I’m interested in.
Is it expensive?
At $150, a Young Living Premium Starter Kit may seem expensive at first glance. I will fully admit that as a poor college student, the cost can seem quite prohibitive at first. However, after breaking down the prices of the different components, I found that it is actually quite affordable! Here is my breakdown:
- The kit comes with 11 oils and blends. Without accounting for anything extra, that would put the cost per bottle of oil at $13.64. For reference, a 100 pack of Extra Strength Tylenol, which provides 50 doses, costs $12.99.
- Since Young Living Essential Oils are so powerful, typically only one or perhaps two drops per treatment are used diluted in a carrier oil. Each 5 mL bottle in the Premium Starter Kit contains approximately 85 drops, placing it at an equal or greater value than conventional over-the-counter drugs – all while providing the benefit of all-natural relief!
- The home diffuser – an absolute must-have for me – is alone nearly a $100 value. With this out of the picture, that brings the price per bottle down to just $4.55 for up to 85 treatments!
- Additionally, keep in mind that this kit includes much more than just the diffuser and 11 oils. According to Young Living, the Premium Starter Kit includes the following:
Everyday Oils collection, Home Diffuser, Welcome to Young Living booklet, Essential Oils at a Glance user’s guide, Distributor Resource Guide, S.E.E.D. Sharing for Success booklet, Stress Away 5-ml, AromaGlide Roller Fitment, two Lavender Sample Packets, two Peppermint Sample Packets, two Peace & Calming Sample Packets, two Lemon Sample Packets, two Thieves Sample Packets, Sample Packet Business Cards, two NingXia Red 2-oz. samples, Distributor Agreement, Product Guide and Product Price List.
With all of this in mind, the Premium Starter Kit really offers the best bang for your buck when you are first starting out on your Essential Oils journey.
How do I get started?
I’m glad you asked! Getting started with Essential Oils is easy as 1-2-3, and the benefits are limitless! Here is a simple step-by-step guide to get you going.
1. Open this Young Living sign-up page.
2. Check the “Wholesale” option – this will give you a 24% discount! Additionally, it leaves open the option of becoming a distributer if you should happen to become interested in that after experience all that Essential Oils have to offer!
3. Make sure that this number – 1951644 – shows up in the “sponsor” and “enroller” box. This is my member number, and making sure you enter it will let me know that you signed up so that I can help you out if you should have any questions!
4. Fill in your personal information. Make extra sure to include your email address! If you do, I can find you on Facebook and add you to a closed group for Essential Oil users. It contains tons of information and advice!
5. There will be a box requesting your social security number. Don’t be alarmed – no one will be able to view this. If you choose to enter it, Young Living can send you a check for referring people with your user ID! If you choose not to, that’s ok too. Just remember to enter it if you’re expecting a commission!
6. Select your kit! Make extra sure to choose the Premium Starter Kit if you want the best bang for your buck! In addition, I will mail a free Young Living Pocket Reference - a super duper handy $25 value – to everyone who buys a Premium Starter Kit.
7. If you would like to pick an optional Essential Rewards kit, do so at step 3! If not, choose “No thank you” and continue on to the final step.
8. Enter your payment information.
And that’s it! Quick, easy, and SO worth it.
If you choose to start your Young Living Essential Oil journey, leave a comment below telling us what your favorite part of this kit is!
Make sure to check back soon for individual profiles of each oil and blend included in the Premium Starter Kit.